I went. I saw her fully right in front of my nose. No pictures allowed so no photos.
She wore an ivory blouse and light pink skirt to match. Her hair was bright ?yellow/regal color and looked as if she gained a bit of weight in a pretty way. She looked comfortable. With her special big smile she walked up to stage that had nothing on it.
She said that she felt a bit of panic standing on an empty stage –she felt as if she is facing the audience fully exposed. She said she came prepared with some notes but, now that she is here, she feels like other stories are coming up.
She spoke carefully. Since she is invited as a director, she spoke from that perspective. She said that she felt the strong urge to direct as if she was in love wholeheartedly and she just had to do it. –you know..if you fall in love, you cannot see anything else. She says she wanted to be free from 5 areas.
1. freedom from funding–like most directors, she also had much anxiety about funding when she went into directing and, but she wanted to be free from it.
2. freedom from family–it is linked to the first one. She is not talking about wanting to be independent from her family. What she means is that she felt guilty that she was not sufficiently supporting her family and she wanted to be free from that feeling.
3. freedom from critics—she does not mean that she will ignore others’ criticisms. She knew that there will be enormous negativity and condemnations. She just wanted to be able to endure no matter how harsh the criticisms and condemnations may be.
4. (poster did not expect this) freedom from jealousy –she said that she realized that she felt jealous of others who are doing better than she is and also realized that the emotions that she exerted on such issue only made her feel more pitiful. And, she wanted to be free from that.
5. freedom from needing to be great—at times, she felt the need to give herself a praise, but she even wanted freedom from such a need. Read More…
as in caption, it was taken during the Blood cast & crew reunion on July 1
Source: junghyesung91 @ IG
Korean Leukemia Association held its 13th celebratory ceremony on July 2nd at M-Square and also appointed its promotion ambassador. Leukemia patients, their families, and volunteers attended the meeting.
Formal MBC announcer Choi Hyun Jung was the MC for the meeting. The ceremony started with a video greeting message from KLS’a promotion ambassador Kim Mi Hwa who is a TV talent along with the singer Ivy. The head of the KLA Ahn Ghi Jong made a remark of gratitude and also gave a video presentation about all the “footprints” made by the association in the past year, 2014.
This day, KLA also appointed Ku Hye Sun as its promotion ambassador. In 2011, Ku Hye Sun led the campaign to raise money to help a 4 yo Mongolian boy Sudkuh to be able to receive bone marrow transplant. She visited Sudkuh at the hospital while he was in recovery and even invited him and his family to her then cafe as well. Read More…
updated on 19 June 2015 09:38 (KST)
Koo Hye-seon is out with her newest new age album called “Breath 2″ for the first time in 6 years. But that’s no surprise because Koo Hye-seon has been very busy as an actress, film director, hosting exhibitions and publishing novels. There have been people who looked at her with jaundiced eyes and the reasons being that she released mostly repertoires and her acting skills. However, her music is comfortable enough for anyone to hear. Listening to them with closed eyes releases a field of imaginations. Her music makes one liberal and so did the interview with her. The discussion was mainly her album and the talk of music soon became talk of people.
Q. How does it feel to be releasing your second album?
Koo Hye-seon: I don’t know yet but I’m lighter at heart.
Q. This is your first album in 6 years. How long have you prepared for this?
I’ve been working on it every chance I can. Some of the songs have been made a while ago. Some 3 years, some 5 years. I discarded some songs and polished the album around the edges a little bit.
Q. How did your company react when you said you were going to release a second album?
I told them that I would finish making the album before I release it. The first album did well and I’m not embarrassed by it. I hoped my company wasn’t too because the genre is completely different from what the company pursues.
Q. It’s been a long time. Do you think you’re ready to come back?
I am quite free. If I was in the middle of a drama or movie or was going to be busy with one, I would have postponed my album a little bit. I intended to release it around April because of a song that sounded like April. Actually it means ‘death’ but I changed the title to “Tens and Thousands of Years Later”. I think it’s a good song to listen to every once in a while when you’re down.